Did you know that one of the leading indicators for your child’s success in school is his/her attendance? Getting your child to school and there on time will help ensure that your student can do the best he/she can.
Chalmette, Lacoste, Meraux Elementary
Davies and Gauthier Elementary
Andrew Jackson, Trist, and St. Bernard Middle
Chalmette High and Rowley Alternative
While we all know that going to school is important, sometimes children are absent. Please read carefully our district’s attendance policy:
- Elementary and middle school students may not be absent more than 14 days in order to receive credit for the year.
- High school students may not be absent more than 7 days per semester.
- Students are regarded as habitually absent or habitually tardy after the fifth unexcused absence or fifth unexcused occurrence of being tardy within any school semester.
- If a child is absent due to illness or accident, medical certificates signed by the attending physicians must be presented within five days after a student returns to school.
- Please note that St. Bernard Parish Schools are obligated to report any student who is habitually absent or tardy to the juvenile court of St. Bernard Parish as a truant child.