CAR RIDER PROCEDURES
Our student car rider procedures are designed to maintain a safe and orderly arrival and dismissal for you, our students, and our staff. The following guidelines provide information that will help expedite the process.
- Adhere to 12 MPH speed limit while in car rider driveway.
- Refrain from using cell phones while in the car rider line.
- Do not leave your vehicle for any reason while in line.
- In the interest of safety, anyone on a cell phone (TALKING, TEXTING, OR SOCIAL NETWORKING) in the car rider line will be asked to park off-campus and report to the front office. Your child will be sent to the front office where he/she may be checked out.
- Listen to school personnel for specific directions.
- Always be on the lookout for children.
PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
STUDENT ARRIVAL DIRECTIONS:
- Parents should approach the school from St. Bernard Hwy., down Madison Ave., turn left onto Chalmette Circle, then right onto Plauche.
- Students should be dropped off on the Plauche St. driveway AFTER 8:15 a.m. Drop off and pick up spots will be numbered. Please pull up to the next available numbered spot.
- Student must exit from the passenger side.
- Have your child prepared so that he/she can get out of the car right away and keep traffic flowing.
- DO NOT PULL OUT AROUND VEHICLES THAT ARE UNLOADING.
- If you arrive after the 8:40 bell, the Car Rider door will be locked. You must park and bring your child to the office to sign him/her in and obtain a tardy pass.
STUDENT DISMISSAL DIRECTIONS:
- Dismissal begins at 3:35 p.m. at the Plauche St. doors.
- Have your driver’s license available when picking up your child on the first day. We will check your ID against your child’s emergency card.
- We will send a sign for your dash board home with your child on the first day of school. If more than one vehicle will be used to pick up your child, you may send a note requesting additional signs.
- You must have your student’s sign displayed each day. (If you lose your tag, please park and go to the office to obtain a replacement tag. Then you may get back in the car rider line to pick up your child.)
- Cars will line up in a SINGLE FILE line and pull up to the next numbered spot.
- DO NOT PULL OUT AND AROUND VEHICLES THAT ARE LOADING.
- Students not picked up once all cars in line are loaded will be brought to the front office.
We ask for your patience as new parents and students learn the procedures. Please remember that traffic is always heavier at the beginning of the school year so plan your time accordingly.