St. Bernard Parish Schools
The St. Bernard Parish Public School District is one of the top performing districts in the state for both student achievement and teacher effectiveness. With a tradition of academic excellence, extracurricular achievements, and state-of-the-art facilities, our schools prepare all students to excel in college and careers.
Mission: The mission of the St. Bernard Parish Public Schools is to provide quality educational instruction, so our students are responsible, productive citizens and life-long learners.
Vision: The St. Bernard Parish Public Schools will be recognized as a premier school district, evoking pride within an involved community and empowering staff to meet the needs of all students through state-of-the-art educational programs and facilities.
- Given a safe and supportive environment, all students can learn.
- Our school system is an integral part of the larger community.
- Expectations for learning must be high in order for students to think critically and produce quality work.
- Given a vision, an extraordinary effort will result in extraordinary success.
St. Bernard Parish Schools offer academically rigorous instruction while providing a nurturing and supportive classroom environment
- St. Bernard Parish School System utilizes award-wining curricula to prepare preschool through high school students for college and careers.
- Curricula materials and instrution are rigorous and aligned to state and national standards.
- The St. Bernard Parish Public School Early Childhood Program is one of the few universal, tuition-free, prekindergarten programs in the state.
St. Bernard Parish believes in developing the whole child, offering students of all ages the opportunity to participate in athletics and the arts.
- All second grade students have the opportunity to learn swimming and water safety at Chalmette High School’s Olympic swimming facility.
- Chalmette High School's Cultural Arts Center showcases Broadway caliber theater productions such as Shrek, Peter Pan, and Cinderella performed each summer by elementary, middle, high, and alumni students.
- Chalmette High School athletic teams routinely earn District Championship titles each year.
Our schools were the first newly constructed public buildings in the metro area after Hurricane Katrina, and today we have 12 state-of-the-art schools.
- Chalmette High School’s athletic facilities rival many university campuses and offer student athletes football, baseball and softball fields and field houses, batting facilities, an Olympic swimming pool, wrestling facilities, two fitness centers, three gymnasiums, and indoor and outdoor running tracks.
- The arts take center stage at Chalmette High School’s Cultural Arts facility with a 420 seat theater, a technology theater, two dance studios, a chorus room, a music lab and four practice rooms, a recording studio, and a costume shop.
- The Maumus Center includes a planetarium, a 125-seat auditorium, a professional teaching kitchen, a gallery space, and an edible garden.