Return to School Guidance: 2021-2022 School Year
St. Bernard Parish Public School System
To submit feedback about our Return to School Guidance for the 2021-2022 school year, please click here.
The number one priority of the St. Bernard Parish Public School System is maintaining the health and well-being of our students and staff. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, and taking guidance from the Louisiana Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The 2021-2022 Return to School Guidance provides an overview of COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place throughout St. Bernard Parish Public Schools. This guidance will be evaluated and adjusted as the situation evolves and as new guidance from health and government officials is received.
The St. Bernard Parish Public School System adheres to national, state, and local guidance and requirements for safety protocols and operational standards to help keep our schools safe and our students, families, and employees healthy. School administrators use these standards to implement protocols at the school level.
The protective measures outlined within this guidance are intended for students while on school campuses.
- Students benefit from in-person learning, and safely returning to in-person instruction is a priority.
- Based upon the current guidelines provided, the St. Bernard Parish Public School System will begin the school year in the traditional school setting as safely as possible.
- Schools will no longer be required to screen students at the beginning of each school day. It is important that all students and staff properly monitor their own symptoms and conduct screenings prior to attending school or work for the safety of themselves and others.
- At this time, face coverings are optional for all pre-K through grade 12 students and employees. Face coverings are strongly recommended and strongly encouraged.
- St. Bernard Parish Public Schools will continue its efforts toward daily cleaning and disinfecting.
- Schools will continue to establish controlled routines for entrance, exit, and class exchanges to maximize distancing to the greatest extent possible during student transitional routines during the school day.
- Students should anticipate a return to the rigorous academic coursework they have come to expect from St. Bernard Parish Public Schools. Students will be held accountable for attendance and grades for the upcoming school year regardless of instructional model.
- Our school and district websites provide families the most up-to-date information regarding school operations, school and district policies, upcoming events, and announcements.