CHS Virtual Learning Program
St. Bernard Parish Public School System is committed to providing a high-quality, rigorous educational experience for all high school students. We know that some families, due to medical conditions or a specified family need, may require an alternate learning option for their child (ren) next school year.
During the upcoming school year, St. Bernard Parish School System will offer a virtual learning option for high school students whose medical condition and/or other specified needs prevent in-person learning. Acceptance into the virtual learning program is based upon the following conditions:
- A valid medical excuse from a doctor if applicable. The medical information form must be completed by a physician. Your child's physician must complete the St. Bernard Parish Schools Virtual Learning Program Medical Information Form.
- In collaboration with school administrators, virtual learning may be available for seniors who have previously been successful in the virtual program and want to complete their last year virtually.
The following criteria must be met for students to participate and remain in the virtual program:
- The student must earn passing grades in all core subjects each semester.
- The student cannot be absent more than 7 days per semester. Students with excessive absences will be reported to law enforcement for truancy. If a student has excessive absences, the student will be required to return to in-person learning.
- The student cannot participate in extra-curricular activities.
Students will complete all coursework through the third-party provider, Edgenuity. Attendance will be taken daily. Students are expected to complete all assignments that are assigned for each day. Each day attendance will be recorded based on the student's progress from the day before. While students do not need to be logged in at certain times, students are expected to complete all work assigned and meet their target completion for the day. Truancy will be turned into the Office of Child Welfare and Attendance if students have 7 or more absences.
At the end of the semester, your students' final Edgenuity grade in each course will be added to their CHS transcript.
*For any issues, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
District Grading Scale:
93-100 A 85-92 B 75-84 C 67-74 D 0-66 F