Important Information for the 2020-21 School Year
Please note school time: 8:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
- Please check the district website regularly for updated information regarding dates/times that each grade level will report to school: www.sbpsb.org
- Please note: office visits will be by appointment only.
First Day of School
- Uniforms must be worn on the first day of school. (Refer to the school webpage for specific information on uniforms.)
- Extreme hair styles or colors must be restyled or given time to grow out before school begins.
- Information on mask requirements will be psoted on our webpage and Facebook account once finalized.
- Please fill in the information on the label received with your summer mailout and affix it to your child's shirt on the first day of school.
- Your child will find out his/her homeroom teacher when he/she arrives on the first day of school.
- No Parking is allowed in the school parking lot during arrival and dismissal time: 8:15-8:40 and 3:15-3:40.
- You must visit the school office between 8:40 and 3:15 for any reason, you may park in the designated 20 minute parking spots.
- Parking is NEVER allowed under the covered portion of the driveway in front of school.
- Breakfast will be served to Kdg.-5th grade students in their homeroom classes.
- Students will NOT report to the cafeteria.
- The school day begins at 8:40 a.m.
- Students may arrive on campus no earlier than 8:15 a.m.
- Students will be considered tardy and must be checked in by a parent after 8:40 a.m.
- Students may not be checked out after 3:20 p.m.
- Parents who must enter the building to check a child in or out must wear a face mask, and may not bring any child other than the student.
- Walkers MUST enter the school through the front doors of the building.
- Walkers MUST cross Chalmette Circle by the school crossing guard in the front of school. No student will be allowed to walk through the parking lot or grass to enter the building.
- Parents will not be allowed to drop off or pick up a student in the front parking lot or park in the lot to walk a child to the door or pick him up. If a child arrives at school in a vehicle, he is considered a car rider and must be dropped off through the car rider line.
- If you have indicated that your child is a Walker, he/she will be released through the front doors. These students must walk directly off campus and cross E. Chalmette Circle by the crossing guard. Students must WALK their bikes while on campus.
- No student will be allowed to wait anywhere on campus to be picked up.
- Be aware that Plauche St. is ONE WAY heading north toward Judge Perez Drive during school hours.
- Car rider parents should approach the school from St. Bernard Hwy., turning left onto E. Chalmette Circle and right onto Plauche.
- Car rider parents will be given a sign which must be displayed on the right side of your dashboard each day.
- Specific car rider procedures can be found below.
- Students who will be regular bus riders are strongly encouraged to ride the bus on the first day of school so that they receive the proper bus tag when they arrive.
- Refer to the district website for specific information regarding bus routes and pick up times.