A teacher alternative certification program offered through the
St. Bernard Parish Public School System.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2020
Complete the Program Application: Program Application
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is Teach St. Bernard?
- Teach St. Bernard prepares college graduates and career changers to teach high-need subjects in St. Bernard Parish.
- Unlike traditional teacher licensure programs, Teach St. Bernard provides a path to becoming a teacher in our school district through our high quality, no out-of-pocket cost program.
- Candidates can make an impact while making an income by completing the necessary coursework during the summer and over weekends.
Who We Want?
- Passionate, driven individuals who are looking to make a difference in the lives of the children we teach
- College graduates who hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher as evidenced by an official transcript
- Candidates who have passing scores on PRAXIS I (or equivalent ACT/SAT score) and PRAXIS II (content knowledge) for the designated area in which the teacher will be teaching
- Candidates who are interested in teaching in one of our high need subjects: MS/HS Math, MS/HS Science, MS/HS English, Special Education
How Do I Apply?
- Complete the Program Application
- Take Teacher Insight, a web-based assessment designed by Gallup
- Based on your application and the results from Teacher Insight, you may be invited to participate in a phone interview
- Applicants who make it to the final round will be invited to attend an in-person interview with district and school leaders
Still Have Questions?
- After reviewing the website, if you have any further questions please email Dr. Charles Raviotta at email@example.com with your contact information including phone number.