Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Joyce Kahl
Ms. Joyce Kahl is a life-long resident of Louisiana. She attended Denham Springs High School in Denham Spring, LA. When she was a student, she was a proud member of the DSHS theater, library club, and choir. After high school, she went on the University of New Orleans where she obtained her BS in English Education. She was still a member of the choir and of the KDE education honors society. Ms. Kahl teaches English II and IV at Chalmette High School.
Google Voice Number: (504) 434-0673
(please only text this number - thank you)
SUMMER SCHOOL VERSION
Hello students and Parents!
While the school building is closed right now due to the current situation we are in, the learning is not over! Beginning on Thursday May 28, 2020, we will be utilizing Google Classroom, IXL, and Zoom for our virtual learning. If any of those sound scary, no worries! I promise it will be pain-free and logging-in will be cake. With that being said, this is required for your summer credit and is not optional. All zooms are mandetory!
Make sure you join my new At Home Learning google classroom!
Class Code: rgr5rjy
As always, you will be able to access EVERYTHING through CLEVER with the following steps:
- Go to https://clever.com/
- Click “log in as a student” in the top right hand corner.
- Type “Chalmette High School” into the Search for Your School box.
- Your username is your 9-digit student ID number. (If you forgot your student ID number, it can be found inside of your agenda.)
- Your password is your 8-digit birthday. (MMDDYYYY)
- Once you have successfully logged-in, you can scroll down and find the apps for Google Classroom, IXL, and Zoom.
You can also watch this video made by Ms. Perkins for a visual breakdown/tutorial of the steps:
- If you are having trouble accessing Google Classroom, IXL, Zoom, or Clever, please do not hesitate to email me or text me using the contact information listed above. Do not wait until the end of the week or the end of the summer to let me know that you cannot log-in. Let me know as soon as possible, and I will get back to you as soon as I can with a solution.
- You can expect me to respond to your emails and questions between the hours of 9:00AM-5:00PM Monday through Friday. If your email arrives outside of that window, I may not get to it until the next day.
Here is what you can expect during this period of virtual learning:
- Monday - Friday Zooms!
- All work is completed during class times:
- 1st: 8:30-10:00
- 2nd: 10:30-12:00
- No "homework" although all work is done... at home...
Remember: We are all in this together! We got this! Stay safe and stay healthy! Please reach out if you need me!