- During this stay at home adventure the time for classes to start going virtual is here, and with this I am starting Google Classroom pages for Intro to Engineering and Principles of Engineerng.
- Assignments will soon be posted on Google Classroom for you to do during the week and I will be available on Zoom for 30 mins each class on Tuesday and Thursday starting April 21.
1st: 9:30-10:00 am
2nd: 10:30-11:00 am
3rd: 11:30-12:00 pm
4th: 12:30-1:00 pm
* To get to Zoom you must first login to Clever(Link Below) using your ID# and password for email and eschool.*
Clever Link: Clever
Week 1(April 13-17): Exploring a real application of the design process.
1. I want you to watch the YouTube video in the link below about an engineer designing the world's largest super soaker.
2. I want you to write a paragraph on how he uses the design process to get to the end result.(Think about the steps!!)
*If you forgot the steps due to memory dumping all of the information then just Google: Engineering Design Process.*
Video: World's LARGEST SUPER SOAKER!!
Phone: (504) 301-2600
Degrees and Certifications:
-BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of New Orleans -Certified EI by the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board(LAPELS) -Autodesk Inventor Certified User
Mr. Wendell Cruice
Mr. Wendell Cruice is very excited to be returning to Chalmette High School for the upcoming 2019- 2020 school year. Mr. Cruice grew up in St. Bernard Parish and is proud to be a product of the St. Bernard Parish Public School System. He stayed locally for college and earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of New Orleans.
Mr. Cruice has been involved with the CHS Voices Choir for a number of years and has enjoyed helping the students to grow vocally, helping out backstage with costumes and set, and playing percussion in the pit.
Mr. Cruice has also been involved with The Performing Arts Academy that produces a wonderful show every summer. This is his ninth year with this theatrical program that develops students’ abilities in the Dramatic Arts; this includes acting, music, vocal training, dancing, FX makeup, wiggery and technical theater. Mr. Cruice’s titles with the program are Logistics Manager/Set Project Manager/Carpenter/Flight Director, on top of holding a role in the productions. He has been Flight Director for four of the shows with the most recent production being Into The Woods, which he also served as Project Manager for set construction. His acting experiences with The Performing Arts Academy include: Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast, Lord Farquad in Shrek: The Musical, Lord Evelyn Oakley in Anything Goes, King in Cinderella, Smee in Peter Pan, and Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet.
Performing Arts Academy Website: https://www.performing-arts-academy.com/