At Arlene Meraux Elementary, we
dare to dream it and work to achieve it.
Arlene Meraux Elementary School's mission is to nurture an environment that respects individual differences, promotes high achievement, and encourages each member of the school community to be active lifelong learners. At Arlene Meraux Elementary, we dare to dream it and work to achieve it.
- Pre-K to 5th Grade
- Arlene Meraux Elementary School is a 115,000 square feet, newly built, state-of-the-art facility featuring two courtyards, a large playground, an outdoor classroom, library, gym, music, and art classrooms.
- Classrooms are staffed by certified, well-trained teachers.
- A low pupil/teacher ratio is maintained at all grade levels.
- There are three computer labs in addition to a Chromebook lab for each Kindergarten through 5th-grade classroom and iPad accessibility for group work in all K- 5th-grade classrooms.
- Every class is equipped with a Promethean Board and an ELMO (document camera).
- Response to Intervention (RTI) is available for all students.
- Fully Implemented PBIS Program
- Daily Cultural Arts classes for all kindergarten-fifth grade students
- Students are invited to participate in extra-curricular activities, including Academic Games, Art Club, Beta Club, Pep Squad, Drama, K-Kids, and 4-H.
- Red Cross Certified Swimming Instruction for 2nd-grade students
- Life-long decision-making skills taught by DARE officers through our partnership with the St Bernard Sheriff’s Office