Chalmette High School
Mission: The mission of Chalmette High School is to provide quality educational instruction in order to empower our students to grow academically, emotionally, and socially in a safe environment.
Vision: Chalmette High School will be recognized as a premier high school in the state of Louisiana, evoking pride within an involved community and empowering staff to meet the needs of all students through state-of-the-art educational programs and facilities in order to graduate students who are college and career ready.
- Chalmette High School is named an “A” school by the Louisiana Department of Education.
- In 2019, Chalmette High graduates earned $11 million in college scholarships.
- Two-thirds of CHS graduates earned a TOPS scholarship.
- In 2019, more than 50% of CHS students graduated with college credit through Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement courses.
- Many students graduate with an Associates Degree in Process Technology through Nunez upon their graduation from high school.
- For the past five years, Chalmette High School has had at least one student named a Posse Scholarship Recipient.
- One-third of our students score Excellent, the highest mark, on EOC exams.
- Students have the opportunity to enroll in seven Advanced Placement courses over their four years: Human Geography, Psychology, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, U.S. History, Biology, and Calculus.
- CHS offers dual enrollment opportunities through Nunez in welding, electrical, HVAC, process technology, nursing assistant, and culinary.
- Performing arts opportunities in music, dance, and theater are available to CHS students, who are able to take the stage in our state-of-the-art theatre.
- CHS offers 17 sports programs for student athletes.