Chalmette High School
Mission: The mission of Chalmette High School is to provide quality educational instruction in order to empower our students to grow academically, emotionally, and socially in a safe environment.
Vision: Chalmette High School will be recognized as a premier high school in the state of Louisiana, evoking pride within an involved community and empowering staff to meet the needs of all students through state-of-the-art educational programs and facilities in order to graduate students who are college and career ready.
- Chalmette High School was named an “A” school by
the Louisiana Department of Education.
- In 2016, Chalmette High graduates earned $11
million in college scholarships.
- Two-thirds of CHS graduates earned a TOPS
- In 2016, more than 50% of CHS students graduated
with college credit through Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement courses.
- Nine students graduated with an Associate degree
in Process Technology through Nunez upon their graduation from high school.
- For the past two years, Chalmette High School
has had a National Merit Finalist – only 15,000 high school students across the
country earn this title.
- One-third of our students score Excellent, the
highest mark, on EOC exams.
- Students have the opportunity to enroll in seven
Advanced Placement courses over their four years: Human Geography, Psychology,
English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, U.S.
History, Biology, and Calculus.
- CHS offers dual enrollment opportunities through
Nunez in welding, electrical, HVAC, process technology, nursing assistant, and
- Performing arts opportunities in music, dance,
and theater are available to CHS students.
- CHS offers 17 sports programs for student
- Six of our athletic teams earned a District
Championship title in the 2015-16 school year – Boys and Girls Cross Country,
Boys and Girls Track and Field, Football, and Softball.