N. P. Trist Middle School
It is the mission of N. P. Trist Middle School to provide students a safe environment and the educational opportunities necessary to reach their highest potential in becoming life-long learners and responsible members of a diverse society.
The vision for Trist Middle School is to become a REFLECTIVE, FOCUSED, DRIVEN and then an UNCOMMON professional learning community that nurtures students, and each other, academically, emotionally and socially to ensure a teaching and learning environment that fully prepares EACH student to be THE TOP PERFORMERS at Chalmette High School, and from there to be college and career ready.
Our School at a Glance:
- We serve 6th – 8th grade students and offer several elective choices
- High School Credit offerings: Algebra I, English I, Journey to Careers
- District Middle School Teacher of the Year American Petroleum Institute Science Teacher of the Year
- 2015 District Middle School Student of the Year 2016 District Middle School Student of the Year
- Metro League Champion Sports Teams including Baseball, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Soccer and Swimming
- Competition-Winning Spirit Performing Groups including Cheerleaders, Dance Team, Twirlers, Flag Team, Riflemen
- Award Winning Band Program – New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation Grant winner: Archdiocese Honor Band participant
- Committed to community; service projects include the American Cancer Society, United Way, Leukemia Lymphoma Society
- Yearly theatrical performances – The Little Mermaid, The Wizard of Oz
- A wide selection of extracurricular activities and organizations to choose from: Academic Games, Beta Club, Builder’s Club, Drama Club, 4H Club, Library Club, Math Club, Pirate Press Newspaper, Pirate Pride in the Morning News Show, STEM Club, Yearbook Club
- 2016 6th Grade Winner of the Nation-Wide World War II Museum Essay Contest
- Participants in National Academic Games and State Beta Convention