School Purpose: At J.F. Gauthier Elementary School, we strive to provide a quality program for every student in our school. We implement a quality curriculum and research-based instructional practices in order to establish a solid educational foundation for every student. J.F. Gauthier Elementary facilitates a collaborative process through the use of professional learning communities to provide interventions and enrichment that is tailored to the needs of every child.
Mission: J.F. Gauthier’s call is to build learning for all.
Vision: J.F. Gauthier is a committed educational team of staff, parents, and students who collaborate in creating a progressive, engaging learning environment where hard work results in success for every child every day. J.F. Gauthier students will take pride in their accomplishments and demonstrate respect for others, enabling them to successfully face the challenges of a future with limitless possibilities.
- Pre K - 5th grade
- Student achievement scores that are above local and state averages
- 100% state-certified elementary teachers dedicated to the success of your child
- Classrooms equipped with state-of the-art technology including 5 computers, a Promethean board, and a document camera
- Technology-rich facility with two full computer labs, three mobile iPad labs, a mobile Chromebook lab, and six Promethean Smart-tables
- National, state and local award winning opportunities – 4-H, Academic Games, and BETA
- Opportunities in the Performing Arts through Art, Drama, Rhythm, Chorus, Cheerleading and Broadcasting Clubs
- Celebrations of your child’s success through Terrific Kids, KKids, Honor Roll, Young Author’s, Writing Contests, PBIS and AR programs
- Service to our community through annual food drives and fundraisers for charity
- Swimming lessons for all 2nd grade students taught by Red Cross certified instructors
- Cultural arts classes daily to promote the arts and physical education for K-5 students
- Life-long decision-making skills taught by DARE officers through our partnership with the St Bernard Sheriff’s Office