The mission of Chalmette Elementary School is to foster the intellectual development of every student in a caring, creative environment which respects the individual needs of each child. We strive, by establishing high expectations and providing challenging learning experiences, to develop confident, respectful learners capable of critical and creative thinking.
Chalmette Elementary School will become the preeminent leader in implementing positive, research-based instruction using dynamic teaching methods and cutting edge technology.
- Classrooms are staffed by certified, well-trained teachers.
- A low pupil / teacher ratio is maintained at all grade levels.
- Instruction is data-driven, research based, and rigorous.
- A beautiful, expansive campus includes state of the art technology, large gymnasium, performance stage, three computer labs, professional development center, and separate enclosed early childhood development play area.
- In-house television studio allows students to learn broadcasting skills as they produce a daily morning news program.
- Staff members voluntarily sponsor a wide variety of extra-curricular activities including 4-H, Academic Games, Art Club, Bell Choir, Beta Club, Chorus, Drama, K Kids, Library Club, Performance Groups, Sports Clinic, and Viking Brigade.
- Instrumental Band is offered to fifth grade students.
- Community interactions include Star Base, Service Learning Grants, AgMagic, Relay for Life, and annual toy and food drives.
- K – 5 Parent/Student Project Nights provide an opportunity for parent, teacher, and student collaboration.
- The entire staff prides itself on providing a nurturing, student –centered environment.