St. Bernard Middle School
Mission: St. Bernard Middle School promotes academic and social success for all students in a safe learning environment which fosters the appreciation of lifelong learning and community involvement.
Vision: The vision for SBMS is to become a reflective, focused, driven, and thus elite professional learning community that nurtures students and each other academically, emotionally, and socially to ensure a teaching and learning environment that fully prepares each student to be the top performers in high school, and from there to be college and career ready.
- SBM services students in grades 6, 7, and 8 and offers a variety of classes including an honors program in each grade level.
- Elective options include PE, art, Quest for Success, and band.
- 8th graders who qualify can earn up to 3 high school credits before beginning high school in English I, Algebra I, and Quest for Success.
- Three computers labs are located on campus and every core classroom is equipped with chromebooks and all classrooms have access to a promethean board.
- SBM has 2 gyms, a football stadium, and a quarter-mile track, in addition to a phenomenal baseball stadium.
- Extracurricular teams and clubs include- football, volleyball, basketball, soccer, swim, softball, baseball, cheer, dance, Eagle Ambassadors, 4-H, Jr. Beta, academic games, drama, art club, STEM Club, library club, Student Council, The WSBM News Team, and chorus.
- Students have access to a top of the line library with well-stocked fiction and non-fiction sections in addition to a special section on our state of Louisiana.
- SBM implements an outstanding PBIS program in which students regularly spend time with a mentor homeroom teacher to learn a plethora of life skills- from study skills to managing personal time to regulating their own emotions.
- SBM faculty and staff are top notch. All members of the SBM family play an integral part in nurturing each student to reach his or her potential.