DEFINITION OF FACE COVERINGS
- Face coverings are a piece of material used to cover both the nose and the mouth for the purpose of forming a barrier to droplets or airborne particles that are coughed, sneezed, or exhaled when talking. Face coverings are meant to protect both the wearer of the face-covering and surrounding individuals.
- Shields and bandanas are not considered a face covering but may be considered as an accommodation as per medical professional’s guidance.
- Face coverings can be of any color or pattern but cannot contain writing or symbols which may be perceived as vulgar, profane, satanic, gang-related, violent, political, or tobacco, drug or alcohol-related. The principal will make the final decision as to whether a face covering is acceptable.
FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED IN ALL SCHOOL FACILITIES, BUILDINGS, AND BUSES
- All students are required to wear a face covering on all school buses and inside buildings. Face coverings must be worn in all areas of the school including in classrooms.
- Students who refuse to cooperate with the required face covering will be referred to the principal.