Praxis I must be taken and passed prior to applying for the program. You are exempt from Praxis I if you have:
- A Master's degree from an accredited college
- A 22 or higher on the ACT
- A combined verbal and math score of 1030 on the SAT
- You must be able to provide orignal transcripts or ACT/SAT scores to qualify for exemption.
Praxis II (Content Knowledge Exams) must be taken prior to starting the initial training.
- Content area must align with your certification
- Visit https://www.ets.org/praxis/la/requirements to see specific LA requirements for each certification area.
Praxis II (Principles of Learning and Teaching) must be taken prior to the end of your first year of teaching.
- Is required for a Level 1 teaching certificate
- Must be aligned to your grade level
- Visit https://www.ets.org/praxis/la/requirements to see specific LA requirements for each grade level.