FOUR YEAR OLD PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
The St. Bernard Parish Public School system provides a Preschool Program to service all eligible four year olds. Preschool classes are located on the St. Bernard Parish Public School sites. The classes follow the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS) and are taught by certified teachers who are assisted by trained paraprofessionals.
Initial registration for the 2016-2017 school year will be held based on the first letter of the student’s last name as follows:
Last name beginning with A – C on Thursday, April 7
Last name beginning with D – F on Monday, April 11
Last name beginning with G – K on Wednesday, April 13
Last name beginning with L – O on Friday, April 15
Last name beginning with P – R on Monday, April 18
Last name beginning with S – T on Wednesday, April 20
Last name beginning with U – Z on Friday, April 22
In addition to the dates above, additional applications will be accepted Wednesday, May 4, 11, and 18th. During the months of June and July, applications will be accepted on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week. All applications and required documents will be accepted at the Joseph Davies Preschool Office, located at 4101 Mistrot Street, Meraux, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
All applicants must turn four years of age by September 30, 2016 and must be a current legal resident of St. Bernard Parish. The applications must be submitted, in person, by the legal parent/guardian of the child. Only completed applications will be given consideration for placement. As preschool students are assigned to classes, please be aware and understand that attendance zones, school day time frames, and grant requirements for the preschoolers may be different than those for students in grades K-5 and different from other preschoolers in our parish. We will continue to offer transportation options to preschoolers within the assigned school district.
Only applications which are complete AND have ALL required documentation will be considered for placement (unless extenuating circumstances exist). All documents must be the originals. If you need any assistance completing this application or have any questions, please contact the Preschool Staff at (504)267-3310.
In addition to the completed attached application, these following original documents are required for registration.
A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate (long form)
Child’s social security card
Child’s up-to-date immunization record
Child’s medical card
Custody papers (certified copy of Judgement ONLY), if applicable
Evaluation of child (if applicable)
Social security card of parent/guardian
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
(Section A or B and items in C are required before entry into St. Bernard Parish Public Schools)
A. If you own your home, a current homestead exemption notification is required.
B. If you rent or if you are living with someone that is renting, the following is required: original lease agreement with the names of each person living at the residence listed on the agreement and the landlords’ name and phone number.
C. If you own a home, rent, or reside with someone, the following documents are additionally required:
· Original, current electric bill indicating the point of service, and 3 of the following documents:
· Original bill of sale
· Original, current water bill with service location—Deposit receipt not acceptable
· Original, current Louisiana Driver’s license with St. Bernard address (IDs are not accepted)
· Original, current Medicaid/Medicare card and eligibility letter with address
· Original, current gas bill –Deposit receipt not acceptable
PROOF OF INCOME for ALL Household Members
· 2015 Income Tax Return (W2s are NOT ACCEPTED)
· Three most recent check stubs for each job
PROOF OF ALL THAT APPLY to any household member residing at the same address
· Verification of welfare (letter/printout)
· Verification of alimony or child support (court orders)
· Verification of social security benefits (award letter)
· Verification of unemployment benefits
· Verification of workmen’s compensation
· Verification of food stamps (household print out)
· Letter of financial support from individual(s) providing support
· Pell Grant Award Letter (two semesters)
All applications and required documents will be accepted at the Joseph Davies Preschool Office, located at 4101 Mistrot Street, Meraux, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.